Friday, December 08, 2006

My Car Has Annoying Noise Coming Somewhere From Heater Vent



When I turn on the blower of my 1987 Volvo station wagon, a very annoying noise fills the car. It makes no difference what setting I use. Defrost, heat, cold air, floor heat, upper heat; the sound is the same with each setting. The only difference in sound sometimes happens when I choose low or high blower settings. The low blower setting sometimes gives a low tone like a baratone blowing a kazoo, and the high blower setting gives a high "boiling tea kettle" tone. Most of the time, no matter what the blower setting, the tone is tea kettle. Sometimes for moments at a time, there is no noise but that only lasts for seconds.

It seems the noise is coming from the front passenger side below the glove box. The truely lame part is that I can't use my heater unless I have ear plugs in my ears and I never have ear plugs in my ear.

Please post your suggestions if you have any idea how to get rid of this noise.

View the movie of the noise in my car via YouTube.
View the movie of the noise in my car via my server.

4 Comments:

Blogger mooshx said...

Dude,

Sounds like the blower motor is toast (or at least needs some oil). Have one of those Volvo geniuses in Gorgetown pull it out and replace it!

Moosh

5:23 AM  
Blogger 2funrats said...

Does the noise occur when someone else is driving the car? You could just be hungry.

paul

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We think Phoebe left Goofey and Lamby in the vent. Nonetheless, we enjoy dancing to the noise.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Steve770 said...

Go Bears !
Switch to tea - the extremely large coffee cup could be blocking air flow or the air currents around the cup could be creating the noise. Remember your senses are enhanced when you are fully caffinatedso the nise might not be that loud.
Otherwise Phoebe stuffed something in there or I would go with the first guy.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home